Enfield RoadWatch has just contacted all the candidates for the three Enfield constituencies to find out how committed they are to Green Belt protection. We will post their responses as they arrive. Here is what we asked:
1. Do you support and will you fight for no loss of Green Belt within the London Borough of Enfield during the current and future local plan periods?
2. Do you agree with the statement that protection of the Green Belt is critical in our fight against climate change and because of the many health, economic, ecological, food security and other benefits provided by the Green Belt?
3. Do you agree that the Government should have clear and unambiguous policies supporting Green Belt protection with no loopholes?
4. Do you support the conclusions of the recent report by the All-Party Parliamentary Group for London’s Green Belt titled A Positive Vision for London’s Green Belt? APPG Report
5. Do you agree that housing targets should be predicated on available previously-developed [brownfield] land?
Watch this space …..!
Your candidates [in alphabetical order] and their responses:
Feryal Clark, Labour
Ike Ijeh, Brexit
Joanne Laban, Conservative Joanne Laban response
Guy Russo, Lib Dem
Isobel Whittaker, Green
Luke Balnave, Green
David Burrowes, Conservative
Bambos Charalambous, Labour
Parag Shah, Brexit
Rob Wilson, Lib Dem