What are the Council’s plans for the Green Belt?
Councillor Ahmet Oykener has been quoted in the Enfield Independent: “Our local plan options including looking at a tiny section – approximately five to seven per cent – of Green Belt land and considering whether it may be suitable for quality and affordable homes for families’.
5-7% of Enfield’s Green Belt is the equivalent of two Forty Hall or Durants parks or ten Jubilees or Oakwoods. That is not a ‘tiny section’! Crews Hill is specifically targeted in the Draft Local Plan for housing and possibly industry, but other areas of Green Belt are also at risk. We need to say NO!!!
Is Green Belt needed to meet housing targets?
The answer is a resounding NO! Enfield has areas of brownfield and previously-developed land, in addition to Meridian Water, that are ripe for redevelopment. Green Belt is a short-sighted answer to meeting housing needs.
How can you help?
- Attend the Green Belt Forum meeting at the Civic Centre at 7:30pm on Thursday, January 29. We need a big crowd to tell the Council NO! to Green Belt release.
- Respond to the consultation before 5pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Every household member can respond separately so encourage your family members to have their say too.
- Spread the word in person and online and include our website link for guidance.
- We can provide fliers for delivery in your local area. Please let us know if you can help.
- Email your Ward Councillors and tell them you don’t want to lose any Green Belt! Your Councillors – Enfield Council
- Email your London Assembly Rep, Joanne McCartney and ask her to help preserve Enfield’s Green Belt. email@example.com
- Email your local MP and ask him/her to help. Find your MP and contact information here: https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
- Make the case for the Green Belt to your Councillors and neighbours at Ward forums and other meetings.
- Let us know of any local meetings we could attend to make the case for the Green Belt.
- Share any other ideas with us.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
48total visits,3visits today